The Law Society - Event Terms and Conditions
1. The Law Society reserves the right to amend or cancel this event or any booking. Should the event or a booking be cancelled a full refund of the registration fee will be made. The Law Society can accept no further liability in the event of cancellation , including no liability for any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation.
2. The Law Society reserves the right to give booking preference to those people who meet the attendance criteria. This criteria is listed under the individual event on the website, if you do not meet these requirements your place may be cancelled at no cost to the Law Society.
3. If you have any special dietary requirements you must give us written notice at least 10 working days before the event and a supplement may be payable for special dietary requests.
4. Payment must be received by the events team prior to the event. If the balance is outstanding we will require credit/debit card details at registration from the delegate.
If you require an invoice or VAT receipt this must be requested in writing to: email@example.com
5. No refunds will be given for cancellations that occur at or less than 10 working days from the event date. If you wish to cancel more than 10 working days before the event, you will be refunded the registration fee less an administration charge of 20%. If you cancel your place prior to payment, you are still required to pay either the 20% administration fee or the full costs dependant on the time of cancellation.
If you need to remove a delegate from your booking or cancel it completely please contact the Events team for advice using the contact details below. Please be ready to quote your booking ID and date of booking (these items can be found in your booking confirmation email). Please note that the delegate price may vary depending on the membership of the new delegate.
6. Practices may substitute a delegate without charge, provided you confirm their full name in writing before the day of the event. If you need to change details of your booking please contact the Events team for advice using the contact details below. Please be ready to quote your booking ID and date of booking.
Please note: An additional payment will be required if the substitute delegate is not eligible for the original booking rate/category, these are commonly, Section member, Practising Certificate holder and non-Practising Certificate holder.
7. The Law Society is unable to move a booking to another event, location or date. The original event will need to be cancelled (incurring the standard cancellation fees set out in section 5)
and a new booking made for the chosen event.
8. The delegate and the firm/organisation are jointly and severally liable for payment of the fees due.
9. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from the Law Society’s negligence, the Law Society shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss, or for any economic loss. In addition, the Law Society’s aggregate liability under this Agreement is limited to the amount of the registration fee. Furthermore, the Law Society can accept no liability for any loss suffered by any person acting or refraining from action as a result of the material delivered during or in connection with the event.
10. By attending this event, you agree that the Law Society of 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL may use, reproduce, and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or voice), and that it may license others to do the same.
This material may be used (without limitation) in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment material, broadcast material, the Law Society’s website/s or for other related endeavours. This authorisation is continuous and may only be withdrawn with the prior written agreement of the Law Society.
11. Acceptance by the Law Society of your booking will give rise to a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions, governed by the laws of England. No variation will be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorised signatory. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or wish to amend your booking please contact the Events team for advice on +44 (0)20 7316 5700 between 09:00 and 17:00, Mon to Fri, or email firstname.lastname@example.org